woensdag 22 april 2009

Chapter 12 Spring In Portland

PS: go here for pictures of the wedding of a cousin of Kindra where we went to. These pictures are made by someone from the family too. The whole wedding was such an awesome experience. We camped the night before the actual wedding in wooden camp houses in the forest, and then Hannah & Josh got married 'for law and in church' in a forest-camp fire place setting! (I will have to tell you to explain it better :P) In one picture you can see Kindra typing :D


Oh Dear People, I have been talking earlier about rivers, and about a sweet girl called Kindra (who lives in the USa), and guess what, it all gets more and more beautiful.

First some Spring River Bridge Pictures for you (without people). Those are taken when riding my bike back from the internship, but then not going straight home. Like, oh, let's go left, let's go right. These pictures I took while sitting on Kindra's bike, but recently I got hold of another cruiser, so we will be cruising together soon.

Then, I got to tell you and show you some student life. Because I don't consider myself a worker (although I am), but a student. Here is the recipe: microwave two potatoes for 7 minutes (1000 Watt), take two raw carrots, use the one and only Heinz Tomato Ketchup as dressing, and on the side have some left over easter eggs. Excellent! Don't forget the salt and pepper. As a drink a mix between Mountain Dew and Root Beer will certainly do.

As I'm like looking a little bit outside my window, I see some street lights, people in shorts and on skateboards, and a reddish sky. The one day it is summer (people on the street, skateboards, basketball shorts, spaghetti straps etc), the next day it will be cold. So funny seeing the next day guys in shorts and shirts with their road bikes in the tram! That's disappointing, but you'll have to check weather.com. The atmosphere on the streets on a summer day (in spring season) is great, because it's like summer in Paris or Madrid. People sit on benches in green spots. The fountain next to the World Trade Center will work. Homeless people will walk around smiling (not really sure about that, but I saw it once).





2 opmerkingen:

  1. Wooh, pretty pictures! However I'm not jealous as life in Leiden is beautiful too. Very much enjoying the spring sunshine and yes, let's not deceive ourselves, it can still be cold! :-D Still there've been quite a few days which were hot enough to spend hours baking (and studying, ha) in the Hortus. So you guys could as well come back. :-D When are you planning to return to Leiden?

    Love Janneke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. jojo jane!
    september 1st probably we'll come back D.V. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Volgers